About Our City "Matsusaka" and "Mie"
We; PST; deliver Power Supply Unit from Mie to various countries all over the world.
"Matsusaka" is a castle town with a long and distinguished history; and a rich and deep rooted culture.
We; PST; will contribute to the development of Matsusaka's economy and culture in collaboration with the local community.
Incorp. as a city: 1st. February, 1933
Population: 165,363 (As of March, 2018)
1.Castle Town And Culture City
- The founder was the great commander, GAMO Ujisato. (He built Matsusaka Castle in 1588.)
- Place of birth of Japanese classical literature scholar, MOTOORI Norinaga, also author of "Kojiki-den".
- Place of birth of MATSUURA Takeshiro, person who named "Hokkaido".
- Mitsui family, a family that was running the largest drapery store in Edo period. (the current Mitsukoshi, Mitsui Financial Group)
- Hasegawa family, a family of Matsusaka cotton wholesale merchants.
3.Famous Products and Things
- Matsusaka beef, Matsusaka cotton.
- "Takarazuka First Barrow", designated as national treasure.
(Barrow dating back to the beginning of the 5th century)
Designated as a cultural asset of national importance.
The largest barrow in Japan, the first discovery of a boat-shaped haniwa(terra-cotta).
- Gojoban Yashiki.
A residence where 20 guardians of Matsusaka Castle belonging to the Kishu Domain lived.
- The three major festivals in Matsusaka.
Matusaka Gion Festival, Ujisato Festival, Hatsu-uma Festival